Masters of Business Administration
The OKWU MBA is designed for the experienced working professional who, upon completion of the degree, will possess the appropriate knowledge, practical skills, and professional abilities necessary to fill executive managerial and administrative positions in business, industry, government, and non-profit organizations. An integral part of the OKWU experience is to provide for the student a foundation of Christian values and ethics consistent with the mission of the university and which may be used throughout your personal and professional life.
Students may choose an emphasis in Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, or Nursing. OKWU’s MBA is a key to your advancement.
For a more detailed description of the MBA program or to see what classes are associated with each step contact us at 1.866.225.6598 or send us an email.
More than a degree!
"I have very fond memories from my experience through OKWU’s MBA program! Learning from professors with real-world experiences has helped me prepare to properly confront future situations in my career. The MBA program connected me with individuals from different backgrounds encouraging us to learn from each other!"
-Mariandree Mena, MBA Graduate 2013
In order to graduate from Oklahoma Wesleyan University with the Master of Business Administration degree a student must complete the following criteria:
- Completion of 36-39 hours of required curriculum:
30 hours of Core Business Curriculum
6 hours of Core Concentration
3 hours of Seminar IF required by the admissions committee
- All courses must be completed through OKWU AGS
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- The Capstone course (GBUS4823 Strategic Management) must be passed with a grade of C- or better
- Approval of OKWU Business faculty
On location & online
- Submission of official transcripts containing all undergraduate coursework including confirmation of a conferred Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- An earned undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Conditional admission may be granted for GPA’s as low as 2.5.)
- No entrance exam is required
- Approval granted by the Graduate Business Admissions Committee—approval is based on the following documentation applicants will submit:
Professional resume with relevant work experience noted
Three letters of recommendation from persons qualified to judge the applicant’s professional expertise, character and capacity for graduate-level work
Written admissions essay
- Students whose first language is not English (unless a US citizen) must have a TOEFL score of 69 or higher
- Students must either own or have access to a computer with internet capabilities
- Students must complete each core course with a 2.0 grade or better
- Students whose core GPA falls below 2.0 will be place on academic probation for the next term
- Students must comply with the program attendance policies to continue the program