Masters of Business Administration
The OKWU MBA is designed for the experienced working professional who, upon completion of the degree, will possess the appropriate knowledge, practical skills, and professional abilities necessary to fill executive managerial and administrative positions in business, industry, government, and non-profit organizations. An integral part of the OKWU experience is to provide for the student a foundation of Christian values and ethics consistent with the mission of the university and which may be used throughout your personal and professional life.
Students may choose an emphasis in Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, or Nursing. OKWU’s MBA is a key to your advancement.
For a more detailed description of the MBA program or to see what classes are associated with each step contact us at 1.866.225.6598 or send us an email.
More than a degree!
"I have very fond memories from my experience through OKWU’s MBA program! Learning from professors with real-world experiences has helped me prepare to properly confront future situations in my career. The MBA program connected me with individuals from different backgrounds encouraging us to learn from each other!"
-Mariandree Mena, MBA Graduate 2013
In order to graduate from Oklahoma Wesleyan University with the Master of Business Administration degree a student must complete the following criteria:
- Completion of 36-39 hours of required curriculum:
30 hours of Core Business Curriculum
6 hours of Core Concentration
3 hours of Seminar IF required by the admissions committee
- All courses must be completed through OKWU AGS
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- The Capstone course (GBUS4823 Strategic Management) must be passed with a grade of C- or better
- Approval of OKWU Business faculty
On location & online
In order to be unconditionally admitted into any graduate-level program, the applicant must submit the materials listed below:
1. An official transcript showing a conferred Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university in the United States or a foreign college or university which is approved by an international transcript evaluation organization recognized by Oklahoma Wesleyan University (see International Student Admissions Criteria).
2. Any other official transcripts needed to verify undergraduate prerequisite courses or graduate transfer credit. Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of graduate coursework toward a graduate degree, provided that the courses are approved by the Dean of the School.
3. An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (probationary admission may be granted for GPA’s as low as 2.50).
4. Completion of a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours of undergraduate coursework in religion, Bible, ethics, and/or theology with a grade of “C-“ or better.
Once a student has been admitted to graduate study, he/she must begin taking courses within two (2) calendar years.
Students possessing a baccalaureate degree may be granted probationary admission with prescribed deficiencies when undergraduate GPA falls between 2.50 and 2.99 on a 4.0 scale, assuming all other admission criteria is met. Students on probationary status will not be allowed to proceed beyond twelve (12) credit hours of work within the degree program unless the student achieves a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the program.
- Students whose first language is not English (unless a US citizen) must have a TOEFL score of 69 or higher
- Students must either own or have access to a computer with internet capabilities
- Students must complete each core course with a 2.0 grade or better
- Students whose core GPA falls below 2.0 will be place on academic probation for the next term
- Students must comply with the program attendance policies to continue the program