Earning Your BS in Organizational Management
OKWU’s program provides you with expertise and skills in the practical application of human resources, interpersonal leadership, and strategic decision-making. The focus of our OM program is honing your skills to practical use in the areas of leadership, problem solving, performance systems, business strategies and other managerial duties necessary in the business arena. Additionally, knowing that ethics often has many collision points in the business world you’ll be taught how to make ethical decisions from a Christian world view.
This degree plan offers those who have over 90 credit hours of college credit the shortest path to a bachelor degree requiring only 30 hours in the major over 13 months. This is a one-night-a-week program or fully on-line. Classes are taken one at a time lasting on average 5 weeks each.
The Organizational Management business degree completion program is designed to develop marketable business and management skills – all within the context of ethical behavior, enabling you to rise to new challenges in the workplace and within yourself.
More than a degree!
"I went back to college specifically to get a degree... but what I didn’t anticipate was how meaningful it would be in my life. I have become very close to the people in my cohort and have been blown away with my professors. One of my professors was happy to help me by cell phone on a Saturday afternoon! Oklahoma Wesleyan is truly a university that works for working adults!"
-Brad Farnsworth, Graduate 2011
In order to graduate from Oklahoma Wesleyan University with the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management a student must complete the following criteria:
- A total of 126 credit hours consisting in the completion of:
30 hours of Core Business Curriculum
45 hours of General Education
51 hours of Electives (4 upper division credit hours required)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- All Core Curriculum courses must be completed through OKWU AGS
On location & online
- Students not entering with an Associate’s degree must submit proof of a high school diploma or GED
- Official transcripts verifying a minimum of 45 transferable college credit hours (A maximum of 72 semester credit hours may be transferred from a two-year college. Transcripts are required from all colleges attended.)
- An overall grade point average of 2.0 in previous college work (Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on a conditional basis.)
- Students whose first language is not English (unless a US citizen) must have a TOEFL score of 69 or higher
- Students must either own or have access to a computer with internet capabilities
- Students must complete each core course with a 2.0 grade or better
- Students whose core GPA falls below 2.0 will be place on academic probation for the next term
- Students must comply with the program attendance policies to continue the program