Earning Your Associates Degree at OKWU
The STEP Program is designed to fit into your busy schedule and to fulfill your need for further education. Full-time working adults who may not have any previous college credits or have a limited number of credits to transfer are perfect candidates for this program. With OKWU’s accelerated degree plan, an Associate of Arts can be completed in less than 2 years.
The program consists of 4 progressive steps incorporating courses in the areas of Mathematics, English, Business, and the Humanities. Students in this program earn an Associate in Arts in General Studies upon completion of 60 credit hours. Students also have the option of earning a Baccalaureate degree by completing the required courses in the STEPprogram and any remaining credits for a total of 126 credit hours.
For a more detailed description of the STEP program or to see what classes are associated with each step contact us at 1.866.225.6598 or send us an email: email@example.com.
More than a degree!
"I never pictured myself in college until I heard about the STEP program at OKWU. Who knew college could be so stress-free? The work was challenging, but I was able to manage going to class one night a week, especially since the class size was small and I got as much help as I needed from the award winning instructors. The STEP program was well worth it to me; once I graduated I felt I had truly succeeded!"
-Andrea Reese, 2013 STEP Graduate
In order to graduate from Oklahoma Wesleyan University with the Associate of Arts in General Studies degree a student must complete the following criteria:
- A total of 60 credit hours consisting in the completion of:
15 hours of Major Requirements
30 hours of General Education
15 hours of Electives
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
Bachelor of Science Degree Options: (A total of 128 semester hours required)
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Ministry and Leadership
- BS in Organizational Management and Ethics
- BS in Phycology Studies
On location & online
- All prospective undergraduate students must have earned a high school diploma or a certificate of graduation equivalency (GED)
- OKWU must receive ALL official high school and college transcripts and/or official GED results
Those entering with a high school diploma or fewer than 24 college semester credits:
- With an official high school transcript, showing graduation date (must meet 2 out of 3 criteria):
1. High School GPA of 2.0 or higher
2. SAT/ACT scores of 860/18 or higher
3. Ranked in the upper half of graduating class
Those entering with a GED
Those entering from another college or university with 24 or more semester credits
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Students whose first language is not English (unless a US citizen) must have a TOEFL score of 69 or higher
- Students must either own or have access to a computer with internet capabilities