Britney Kannady-Sayes and Jamie Davis, two former Lady Eagles, will be inducted into the Oklahoma Wesleyan Sports Hall of Fame during the 2014 Homecoming Weekend.

BRITNEY KANNADY-SAYES

Kannady-Sayes, a 2006 women’s basketball graduate served as the team captain, as well as a student mentor for incoming freshman. Since leaving OKWU, she has completed her Master of Science & Coaching from the United States Sports Academy and is entering her third year as head women’s basketball coach at Southmoore High School.

Kannady-Sayes is also involved with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Oklahoma Girls Basketball Coaches Association, Oklahoma Coaches Association and has been on numerous mission trips to locations such as Mexico, China and Africa.

Kannady-Sayes made a big impression both at OKWU and in her conference. Currently Sayes still holds the NAIA Division 2 women’s basketball record for Most Freethrows Made in a Season (236), Most Consecutive Free Throws Made in a Game (21), and Best Free Throw Percentage in a Game (100%). She also lead her team to win the 2005 NCAA Women’s Basketball National Championship, in addition to winning the MVP of the tournament. Kannady-Sayes added All-American to her list of accolades during the 2003-04 and 2004-5 seasons.

In 2007 Kannady-Sayes completed the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon in honor of her late father.

“Next to my faith, my family is the most important thing to me,” Kannady-Sayes said. “My parents are my heroes and I am very close to both my brother and sister.”

Kannady-Sayes met her husband Josh while coaching the Oklahoma Wesleyan Women’s Basketball team. Josh was an assistant baseball coach at the time.

“My husband and I do not currently have any children but we have two yorkies that are like our children- Itsi and Mini. I am also a proud aunt to Kannon and Shelby Kannady.”

JAMIE DAVIS

Davis, a 2001 women’s soccer graduate is also being honored as a Sports Hall of Fame recipient this year. Davis studied Behavioral Science and met her husband Andy through mutual friends on campus during her senior year.

After graduating from OKWU Davis did various types of social work. For several years she worked for Family and Children’s Services as a family advocate. After leaving Davis ran a recreation center in Sand Springs that doubled as a children’s home, and a safe haven for single mothers and their children.

“I really loved it, but ultimately I decided to stay home with our then two-year-old and soon to be born daughter,” Davis said.

Residing in Tulsa, Davis and her family attend Osage Hills Christian Church, a church that has deep roots within her childhood.

“My father was hired as their youth minister the year before I was born and is still there,” Davis said. “I grew up in this church. Now I volunteer in the preschool department and Andy is a deacon and volunteers in the elementary department.”

In addition to taking care of her children and volunteering at Osage Hills, Davis also coaches a young soccer team.

“I am honored by this award,” Davis said. “I am so thankful to OKWU, not only for the academic and spiritual education I received, but also for facilitating some of my dearest relationships. My college friends continue to serve as some of my closest relationships and I feel blessed that Oklahoma Wesleyan introduced them into my life.”

Congratulations to Britney and Jamie! 

Share on Google+Share on RedditShare on TumblrShare on FacebookEmail this to someone