“I am often asked what books or articles I might recommend on a variety of topics,” Dr. Piper said. “Well, Marci and I have a habit of getting up pretty early each day and we do our devotions over a cup of coffee, then share links and book ideas with each other.”

Recently, Dr. Piper realized sharing engaging reading material may benefit members of the OKWU community and provoke positive thinking. That is when the Pipers decided to start a weekly e-mail message.

The inaugural message will feature a short list of reading suggestions, ranging from a book examining the world behind Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings series, to a short article regarding radical Darwinism.

In future editions, Piper explained, a list of recommended reading material will include both non-fiction and fiction and will showcase some other faculty and administration reading suggestions.

“Each weekend I hope you will allow me to drop a list into your inbox for you to peruse, read, and maybe share,” Dr. Piper said. “It is my hope that this will encourage all members of our OKWU family to stay intellectually engaged and culturally sharp as “iron sharpens iron” within a community of learners and the Body of Christ.”

The first suggested reading list will be distributed Friday March 6th. If you’d like to be added to that distribution list visit: http://www.okwu.edu/readinglist/

Share on Google+Share on RedditShare on TumblrShare on FacebookEmail this to someone