Enrollment Services Counselor
The Enrollment Services Counselor is responsible for supporting the Associate VP for Enrollment Services by planning, implementing, and directing the entire admissions process. This is a full time position located at our Bartlesville campus.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Associate VP for Enrollment Services.
Educational Requirements and Experience
Candidates for this position should possess a completed bachelor’s degree as well as one year of sales/marketing recruiting experience in a service industry. Candidates must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
*Some travel is required for this position
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Assists in the admissions process from initial contact to full admission of a student at OKWU.
- Coordinates assigned special events/programs related to student recruitment.
- Assists in coordinating contacts made with churches, alumni, high schools, junior colleges, and friends of the college for the purpose of recruiting prospective students.
- Submits ideas for the comprehensive student recruitment plan.
- Travels extensively as directed in the student recruitment plan and by the VP for Enrollment Services.
- Strives to meet or exceed set goals established by the VP for Enrollment Services in areas including, but not limited to, travel, completed contacts (phone/e-mail), applications, and deposits.
- Maintains familiarity with Enrollment Services computer system and individual student files.
- Must be knowledgeable of the University, specifically in the areas of admissions and financial aid.
- Keeps detailed reports of all activity.
- Maintains a pleasant and courteous attitude in all professional dealings on behalf of the University.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.