Registrar’s Assistant: Full-Time
As a vital member of the Registrar team, the Office Assistant works closely with students and others in the Registrar’s office to ensure that student records are complete and secure and that students are provided clear academic policy and institutional information. This is a clerical full-time position at our Bartlesville campus which requires a friendly, pleasant personality, the ability to maintain confidentiality and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight. Must be able to deal courteously with all types of people in all situations. Keyboard skills and computer experience are required since data entry and retrieval is a major responsibility.
An employee in this position needs to be very familiar with the college catalog since he/she responds to questions regarding course descriptions, course prerequisites, academic policies, and procedures, as well as managing transcript requests and maintaining accurate student records.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the registrar and is reviewed through the overall effectiveness of operations.
Examples of Work Performed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Serves as receptionist by greeting students and answering the phone.
- Oversees transcript request processing.
- Processes enrollment verifications, degree verifications and loan deferments.
- Assists with data entry in the student information system.
- Assists with data entry in document management system.
- Assists with supervising work study students.
- Assists with records archival system for student records.
- Assists faculty and students with setup and access to WebAccess.
- Manages filing, correspondence and catalogs.
- Guards students’ rights to privacy of their educational record.
- Maintains an adequate supply of office materials.
- Maintains a neat workspace and office area.
- Must be willing to meet flexible working schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.