Administrative Assistant to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Working under the supervision of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Administrative Assistant oversees and manages all office procedures and other tasks as assigned by the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently, prioritize, organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Computer skills and attention to detail are essential. This position also requires flexibility of hours worked.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. Supervision over student workers is a part of this person’s responsibilities.
Examples of Work Performed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Increase the efficiency of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs’ office by maintaining the filing systems, answering telephone calls, scheduling meetings, preparing documents, completing reports/projects, and drafting business correspondence.
- Resolve administrative issues and inquiries.
- Sort, review, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; prepare, compose and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, appointments, events and other similar activities for the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, which also includes travel and lodging arrangements.
- Responsible for planning OKWU’s commencement ceremony including arranging a speaker, photographer and security personnel, and preparing informational packets for graduates and the ceremony program
- Plan and schedule faculty development workshops.
- Escort visitors to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs’ office and provide hospitality.
- Maintain the Academic Affairs Master Calendar.
- Compile agenda information and prepare minutes for the Academic Affairs Committee.
- Maintain faculty pages of university website.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and scheduling of student workers.
- Ensure the prompt payment of all accounts payable items.
- Communicate with and assist Board of Trustee members.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6268 or email@example.com.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.