Full-Time Business Affairs Coordinator
This is a full-time position located at our Bartlesville campus. This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently, prioritize, organize, work under pressure, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Advanced computer skills and basic knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping are essential. An employee in this position performs duties which involve performing the accounts payable function, analyzing and interpreting financial information, creating financial spreadsheets and graphs, writing procedures and providing support to the Vice President of Business Affairs and the Business Office staff.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting.
Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
Examples of Work Preformed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Processes invoices, check requisitions, expense reports, and purchase requisitions.
- Prepares checks and purchase orders for distribution.
- Performs weekly integration of student, parent, and lender refund checks.
- Reconciles monthly general ledger activity pertaining to accounts payable.
- Prepares 1099s at year end for all vendors.
- Analyzes and reconciles financial information.
- Compiles policies and procedures and assists in the writing of policies, forms, and manuals.
- Prepares reports for Board of Trustees meetings.
- Compiles data for reports as requested.
- Assists in internal and external audits as requested.
- Maintains Business Office supplies and coordinates Business Office equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains paper and computer files in accordance with OKWU’s records retention policy, maintains Business Office supplies, and coordinates Business Office equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Must be willing to meet flexible working schedules, including, but not limited to overtime, varying starting and ending hours, etc.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annualOKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.