Director of the Library
This position supervises and manages the daily operations of the Janice and Charles Drake Library. This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently, prioritize, organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Computer skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of budget management and personnel are essential.
- Cultivates external relations with public and private sectors in support of the University Library programs.
- Participates actively in local, state and national library organizations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Provost/Executive VPAA.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Provost/Executive VPAA
Previous library experience and a Master’s degree is required.
Examples of Work Preformed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Facilitates the continuing transformation of the University Library into a knowledge commons that integrates diverse resources, seeks new opportunities, engages with the community, collaborates with university units, and sustains a vibrant research and learning community.
- Creates an environment that facilitates research and scholarly activity with an understanding of innovative and traditional methods of information dissemination.
- Fosters a Christian based focus of operations that is congruent to the Wesleyan Church tenets of Biblical interpretations.
- Establishes a shared vision that promotes the University’s and the University Library’s missions.
- Implements a clear and concise strategic plan to advance that vision.
- Communicates internally and externally regarding the University Library.
- Serves on the Academic Affairs Council.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with students, faculty, staff and community.
- Promotes and advocates for library programs that address the needs of students, staff, faculty, and the community.
- Works with library and department heads, as well as external sources, to identify, evaluate and implement programs that improve services and facilities, enhance the quality of resources and increase operational efficiency within the library.
- Prepares and administers the library budget.
- Fosters professionalism and a positive work/learning environment in the University Library.
- Enforces library policies and regulations adopted by the University.
- Hires and supervises work study students employed in the library.
- Supervises the professional library staff and faculty.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resourcs 918-335-6268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annualOKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.