Full-Time Assistant Professor of Visual Communication
This faculty member will teach courses in Digital Video Production, Digital Photography, and Graphic Design. The applicant should be proficient in current industry standard hardware and software, including HD video production, DSLR cameras, and the Adobe Creative Suite of applications. The candidate should have an MFA or PhD in Visual Communication or a related field. Candidates for a terminal degree will be given consideration. Professional experience is a plus.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
The candidate should have an MFA or PhD in Visual Communication or a related field. Candidates for a terminal degree will be given consideration, as will persons with a masters plus significant professional experience.
The candidate should have significant experience in video production, working with current industry standard hardware and software. Specifically, we seek candidates familiar with most or all of the following:
- HD video production
- Working with green screens
- Working with DSLR cameras
- Working with Steadicams, jibs, and sliders
- Lighting and light boards
- Pro Tools audio software
- Video switching and editing with a NewTek Tricaster or similar system
- Adobe Premiere Pro and Creative Suite 6
- Mac OS X
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Teach courses in digital video production, digital photography, and graphic design
- Lead development of our visual communication curriculum
- Oversee our video studio, its equipment and software
- Assist with budget planning and purchasing
- Keep regular office hours for student advising
- Contribute to faculty committees
- Assist with special projects
- Lead students to develop their skills while planning and producing audio-visual projects on topics related to faith, freedom, and justice
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6268 or email@example.com.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.