Part-Time Administrative Assistant for the School of Education
This is secretarial and administrative position with significant variety and complexity. A person in this position performs duties which involve composing and typing correspondence, memoranda, reports, preparing spread sheet reports, and administrating and monitoring student work. This person also serves as receptionist for the School of Education by answering phones and directing calls and visitors. Computer skills, familiarity with the Internet, experience with Microsoft Office, and attention to detail are essential. Confidentiality and professionalism are expected. The position is part time (28 hours weekly).
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean for the School of Education.
Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
Examples of Work Preformed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Teacher Education Council (TEC)
- Prepare and make copies of the agenda and all attachments for the meetings.
- Record minutes from each TEC meeting.
- Prepare permanent records of agendas, minutes, and other materials.
- Finalize and send electronic copies of the minutes to each member.
- Organize electronic voting when necessary.
- Assist the Field Director in the revision of four handbooks (Education Major Handbook, Student Teacher Handbook, Electronic Portfolio Handbook, and Teacher Policy Handbook), make copies, and bind them.
- Distribute handbooks to designated persons.
- Speech and Hearing Screenings
- Schedule an audiologist to conduct speech and hearing screenings for Education majors.
- Coordinate the appointment scheduling for the screenings.
- Supervise during the administration of the screenings.
- Commissioning Ceremony
- Reserve the location for the School of Education Commissioning Ceremony.
- Prepare the invitations for the graduates, their family and friends.
- Order refreshments.
- Arrange for a P.A. System and special music.
- Prepare and print the program.
- Act as a host or hostess during the ceremony.
- Field Experience
- Prepare materials to be included and sent to mentor teachers for each field experience student.
- Maintain Field Experience paperwork in student files.
- Complete a chart indicating school placements for each field experience.
- Prepare and mail a letter and supporting materials (evaluation forms, etc.) for each practicum mentor teacher.
- Send a letter to each principal where practicum students are assigned.
- Notify Student Development of the names of all practicum students who will miss Chapel because of their involvement with a teaching practicum.
- Prepare an honorarium check request and letter for each practicum mentor teacher.
- Maintain practicum paperwork in student files.
- Student Teachers
- Prepare packets for each student teacher to be distributed at the August Student Teacher Orientation meeting.
- Update the student teacher roster each semester.
- Prepare a check request for all mentor teachers close to the end of each semester.
- Include the check with a letter and tuition waiver form to each mentor teacher.
- Maintain student teaching paperwork in student files.
- Teacher Education Applications
- Review application forms and materials to make verify completeness.
- Prepare the Teacher Education Interview Packet for each candidate.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview for admission to Teacher Education with the candidate’s advisor and a School of Education faculty.
- Notify the student and committee members of interview date, time, and location.
- Make a copy of all Teacher Education forms and give to the members of the committee prior to the scheduled time of the interview.
- After the interview is complete input the interview information into each student’s electronic portfolio.
- Add student status information to the next TEC agenda.
- Track and report Teacher Candidate Status information to faculty and teacher candidates.
- Maintain Teacher Education paperwork in student files.
- Electronic Portfolio
- Input information relating to each Portfolio Gate (Pre-Entry Gate, Entry Gate, and Intermediate Gate) for every teacher candidate.
- Assist teacher candidates with uploading artifacts into their electronic portfolios.
- Serve as the receptionist for the School of Education by answering telephone calls, taking messages, answering questions, and assisting students, professors, and visitors.
- Complete the following reports: Program Completers; Assist with Title II Report; PEDS Report; Field Experience Placements & Perspective Growth paper Report; Mentor Teacher Feedback Report; Mentor Teacher Questionnaire Report; Summary Report for Exit Questionnaire & Rating of Standards; Student teaching Grade Summary; Professional Development Report, Assist with Program Area Reports, as well as other reports as they arise.
- Student Files
- Prepare and maintain a file for each Education major.
- Hazel Craker Award
- Prepare a voting ballot of possible candidates eligible for this award for the members of the TEC.
- Prepare and submit a check request for the student receiving the award.
- Send a letter to the recipient of the award stating they will be receiving the award at Honors Chapel.
- Prepare a purchase requisition and order a plaque for the award.
- Student Workers
- Acclimate student workers to the office procedures, materials, and tasks.
- Review expectations with student workers (professionalism, confidentiality, appearance, etc.)
- Supervise and assign work to student workers as needed.
- Establish a schedule for student workers.
- Approve work time through ADP each month.
- Other Duties
- Prepare purchase requisitions as needed.
- Prepare check requests as needed.
- Order and stock office supplies as needed.
- Copy work as needed.
- Type and copy tests as requested by professors.
- Proctoring tests when needed.
- Type and mail contracts for adjunct professors.
- Type and submit faculty load computation forms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Education.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annualOKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.