Professor for the School of Nursing
Teaching responsibilities are predominately in the traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. This position requires a faculty person with a specialty in medical-surgical or maternal-child nursing, and documented leadership experience in nursing who shares the vision of the School of Nursing: to be Christ’s hands and heart to touch the world one person, family, and community at a time.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is primarily performed under the supervision of the Dean for the School of Nursing.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
Applicants must have a current unencumbered nursing license in the state of Oklahoma. Applicants must also be current in practice with a minimum of two years full-time equivalent practice as a Registered Nurse is required. At least one year of full-time teaching experience in a baccalaureate program is preferred. Evidence of commitment to the integration of Christian faith and living with the theory and practice of nursing is expected. A personal and vital Christian faith is required.
Examples of Work Preformed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the job description.
- To teach in at least two clinically based undergraduate nursing courses per year.
- To participate in the coordination and oversight of clinical experiences.
- To evaluate students per policy.
- To advise, mentor and support students.
- To participate in School of Nursing and University wide committees as assigned.
- To participate in the on-going planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing program.
- To contribute to the Nursing budgeting process.
- To develop and distribute course syllabi.
- To participate in the development of required documents such as, self-studies, Oklahoma Board reports, etc.
- To support and contribute to the institutional strategic mission, vision and goals.
- To be members of the OKWU Faculty Council and Nursing Faculty Council.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below: Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources 918-335-6268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annualOKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.