This position cultivates student athletes and the overall team involved in the sport of wrestling, elevating the skill of individual team members and achieving strong team results. The job requires the ability to build rapport and encourage students to further develop skills and technique in the sport; the ability to create team dynamics that result in both individual and corporate success, strong knowledge of the sport; the ability to recruit and travel; the gift of diplomacy and tact; the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently while still interacting well with others, to prioritize and organize, to manage a budget, schedule games and practices. The person in the job is charged with the responsibility to complete tasks with limited oversight and must exercise independent judgment in the environment of a Christian university’s athletic department.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics.
Examples of Work Performed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Conduct regular practices with team
- Work one-on-one with student athletes to develop and hone wrestling skills
- Recruit athletes with strong potential, meeting the minimum thresholds defined by the university.
- Track and submit all statistical data as it pertains to your sport
- Verify and approve travel expense reports
- Schedule all games and practices as related to the wrestling program
- Schedule and make travel accommodations for the wrestling program
- Monitor the academic progress of student athlete involved in wrestling
- Sponsor and promote activities to grow community support
- Track scholarships on an annual basis
- Contribute to the student athlete’s spiritual growth
- Operate the wrestling program within the framework laid out by the university
- Understand and comply with NCCAA/NAIA rules and regulations
- Operate program under the guidelines of NAIA, NCCAA, and the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Work with outside vendors for the purchase of supplies for program
- Work well with others in the context of a Christian university to support the university’s mission and ultimate success.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources 918-335-6212 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annualOKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.