School of Education
B.S., Missouri Southern College; M.S., Southwest Missouri State College; Ed.S, Pittsburg State University; Ed.D, University of Arkansas
Mission & Passion
I have had the privilege to serve education at various levels of teaching and leadership roles. The one aspect of all those experiences and challenges has been the concept that “nothing is impossible with God.” As a public servant to the public institutions of education it is apparent to me that many of the difficulties being experienced in the home, lives, and education of our nation’s youth is simply the absence of God in their daily lives. They search for identity, security, and peace which is never attained in the absence of the presence of God. My mission in coming to OKWU is to commit my service to education unto the Lord. I believe that our current and future educators that have chosen to make Jesus their partner for life, will bring a significance to the table that cannot be denied by others in their field. My greatest reward in life is to see others succeed in their efforts and for them to recognize that God has gifted each of us with unique talents that serve for the purpose of His Kingdom. I admire the “spirit” of the OKWU people and their dedication to the development of all students in their God given talents and abilities.
Inspiring Verse / Quotation
“For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.” Luke 1:37 (Amplified)
“When you’ve exhausted all possibilities, remember this – you haven’t.” – Robert H. Schuller
Courses TaughtUndergraduate Courses:
- Foundations of Educational Theory
- Educational Testing and Measurements
- Classroom Management
- History and Philosophy of Education
- Models of Instructional Theories
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Organizational Management
- School Law
- School Finance
- Public Relations
- Supervision and Evaluation of Instruction
- Human Resource Management
- The School Superintendent
- Executive Leadership
- Governance & Policy
- “Home Room” Project – Outreach to assist with tutoring PK-12 students, assessing academic progress of PK-12 students, and adult instruction for becoming better teachers of students outside the traditional classroom walls.
- “SADDLE-UP” – Program involving a change in the process for performance evaluation of teachers and staff. It is designed to produce a more accountable and functional approach for evaluating performance .
- “Significant Leadership” – Series of instructional units that incorporates the natural ability of leaders with the Biblical applications of wisdom into that role. Creating David kind of Leadership in some Goliath Times.