Director of the Master of Arts in Theology and Apologetics
Faculty member in the School Ministry and Christian Thought.
Universities attended/degrees earned
B.A. in Religion from Oklahoma Wesleyan University
M. Div., Wesley Biblical Seminary
D. Min Asbury Theological Seminary (Beeson Pastor Scholarship)
Mission & Passion
Being a teacher at the core, my mission is helping others understand the world that God created and while helping others grow in a personal relationship with God. Whether that is helping them think critically with truth, walk in unpartisan love, or just enjoy God’s presence, it is with the conviction that mans chief end should be to love God and enjoy him forever (Wesley) that I approach every classroom opportunity.
“So do no fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” -Isaiah 41:10
Courses of Notable Interest
- Methods of Bible Study
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Comparative Religions
- Christian Worldview
- Theology of God and the Atonement
- Presentation at CAHEA Conference: Colorado Springs, CO. 2011. Developing an Online Faculty Training Class.
- Smith, Devon (2005) Methods Pastors Use in Order to Exegete their Culture. Asbury Theological Seminary Dissertation.
- Smith, Devon (1997) The Prodigal Son. Crosswalk Publishing
- OKWU Faculty of the Term, 2010,2011
- Ordained Pastor in The Wesleyan Church
- Eagle Award for church growth
Marathon Runner, Private Pilot, Reader and anything to do with being Outdoors.