School of Ministry and Christian Thought
B.D., Ruschlikon Theological Seminary; Ph.D., Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, MBA, Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Mission & Passion
My passion is to use gifts of leadership and teaching to advance God’s Kingdom. I am especially passionate about seeking and finding God’s truth and grace in every corner of His creation.
“As long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, my lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit. … till I die, I will not deny my integrity. I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.” – Job 27: 3–6
“Where there is no vision, the people perish.” – Proverbs 29:18a
“If thine heart is as mine heart, and if you lovest God and the mankind, I ask no more; give me thine hand.” – John Wesley
- Church History
- God and Government
- Theology of Human Suffering
- Ethics and Values
- Doctrine of God
Publications, Presentations, & Distinctives
- “Luther and the post-Constantinian Christianity.” Presentation at Faculty Studien Forum on “The Protestant Reformation – Resistance and Renewal from 1517 to the Present,” Berlin, Germany (July 3, 2016).
“The World of Mozart.” Lectures given at OK Mozart, Bartlesville, OK (June 16, 2016).
“The Berlin Wall: An Eyewitness Account.” Presentations at OK Mozart, Bartlesville, OK (June 14, 2016).
“Christianity in Communist Cuba.” CAVE Magazine. May 2014. (EXISTING ENTRY) delivered at ACTSNOW Conference, WA (October 24, 2014).
- “Christianity in Communist Cuba.” CAVE Magazine. May 2014.
- “Guarding Religious Freedom: A Christian Obligation.” A position paper prepared by the The Wesleyan Church Faith and Public Life Task Force, May 2013.
- “Lessons from Egypt.” CAVE Magazine. May 2012.
- “What’s next for China’s house churches?” China Aid Report (February 21, 2012). Retrieved at http://www.chinaaid.org/2012_02_01_archive.html
- “Christian Stewardship of Natural Resources,” in Care of Creation. Christian Voices on God, Humanity, and the Environment. Ed by Joseph Coleson. Wesleyan Publishing House (2010).
- “Progressive Revelation,” in Treasure the Word. Ed. By Joseph Coleson. Wesleyan Publishing House (2009).
- “Guarding Religious Freedom: A Christian Obligation.” A position paper prepared by The Wesleyan Church Faith and Public Life Task Force, May 2013.
- “Lessons from Egypt.” CAVE Magazine. May 2012.
- “What’s next for China’s house churches?” China Aid Report (February 21, 2012).
- “Christian Stewardship of Natural Resources,” in Care of Creation, Christian Voices on God, Humanity and the Environment. Ed by Joseph Coleson, Wesleyan Publishing House (2010).
- “Review of Ulrich Köpf and Sönke Lorenz Gabriel Biel und die Brüder vom gemeinsamen Leben”. Sixteenth Century Journal, 31 (2000), 1208-1209.
- “Review of Bernard Dov Cooperman’s In Iberria and Beyond: Hispanic Jews between Cultures.” Sixteenth Century Journal, 30 (1999), 1179-1180.
- “Studying English as a Second Language in the United States,” A Collection of Essays and Book Review by BWC Faculty, 1/1 (1999), 7-8.
- “Review of Ferenc Szakaly’s Lodovico Gritti in Hungary, 1529-1534.” Sixteenth Century Journal, 28 (1997), 837-838.
- “Review of Antoni Maczak’s Money, Price, and Power in Poland; Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries.” Sixteenth Century Journal 27 (1996), 1086-1087.
- “Review of A. Gordon Kinder’s Spanish Protestants and Reformers in the Sixteenth Century” Sixteenth Century Journal 27 (1996), 1147.
- “Studying English in the USA.” TransWorld Education, 4/2 (1996), 68-69.
- “Review of Eugene F. Rice, Jr. The Foundation of Early Modern Europe 1460-1559.” Sixteenth Century Journal, 26 (1995), 765-766.
- “Human Rights and Suffering.” Presentations at HMK/ICR Conference, Thun, Switzerland (June 15-16, 2015).
- “Practical Theology of Power.” Lectures delivered at 2nd Annual Holistic Christian Faith Conference, Hong Kong, China (March 8, 2015).
- “Acts 2.0: Looking for the Church of Acts in Contemporary Christianity.” Lecture delivered at ACTSNOW Conference, WA (October 24, 2014).
- “Evolution of Science: A Progressive Christian Perspective.” Paper presented that the Oxford Roundtable, The University of Oxford, July 27, 2009.
- “Winning methods of marketing a new business” paper presented at Tri County Technology Center, May 16, 2008.
- Integrating Faith into BWC Classroom. Paper presented at Faculty Colloquium, Bartlesville Wesleyan College, October 24, 2000.
- Cultural Diversity in American Classroom. Paper presented at Cultural Diversity Workshop, Pawhuska Public School, January 17, 2000.
- “Jeannette Rankin: The Woman Who Voted No.” Paper presented at Georgia Humanities Council, Andrew College, October 16, 1991.
- Fulbright Scholar Liaison, Selected October 2015.
- Visiting Scholar, CCCU Seminar on Nuclear Weapons and Our Globalizing Century, Japan, August 2013.
- President, Faculty Council, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, 2010 – 2013.
- Bartlesville Rotary Club, Selected 2010.
- Distinguished Service Award, Oklahoma Wesleyan University (2006)
- Visiting Professor, Ogaki Women’s College, Ogaki, Japan, December 1996.