School of Arts & Sciences
B.S., Illinois State University; M.S., Illinois State University; Ph.D. in Mathematics Education, Illinois State University.
Mission & Passion
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed… 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV). The study of mathematics, the language of science, needs to be approached with this same diligence. My role is to provide each individual with the tools necessary to be successful in this study. As a mentor, I will also walk beside you and hold you up before Him.
“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.” Psalms 111:10
- College Algebra
- History of Mathematics
- Math Methods
- Linear Algebra
- “Function or Not – That is the Question,” Mathematics Teacher, Beverly J. Hartter, October, 2009.
- “Challenges Facing Secondary Mathematics Teachers,” Academic Exchange Quarterly 10(2), Beverly J. Hartter & Jo Clay Olson, Summer 2006.
- “Reconciling Beliefs with Theory and Practice: A Pre-Service Teacher’s Dilemma,” Beverly J. Hartter & Jo Clay Olson, Proceedings of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, November, 2006.
- “Pre-Service Mathematics Teachers: Challenges Connecting Theory with Practice,” Beverly J. Hartter & Jo Clay Olson, Proceedings of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, July, 2006.
- “Using Scenarios to Enhance the Mathematical Understanding of Pre-Service Secondary Teachers,” Beverly J. Hartter, Proceedings of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, October, 2004.