School of Arts & Sciences
B.S., University of Iowa; M.S., University of North Dakota; Ph.D., University of North Dakota.
Mission & Passion
I am a bond-servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, and feel that it is a privilege and a great responsibility to help students learn more about the world of biology and assist students become one with God as Christ is one with God. My passion is to not only help students master the courses I am privileged to teach, but also help each student understand how the Scriptures integrate into every aspect of Biology. It is a privilege to assist students to accomplish the great tasks that God has planned for them.
Inspiring Verse / QuotationI have been studying the Life of the Jesus Christ in detail for over 15 years. I am in the process of memorizing the Book of Matthew. I first memorized the great Sermon on the Mount, Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7, and it has greatly affected my life, for the glory of God.
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Introduction to Scientific Writing
- Issues in Biology
- Plant Biology
- Carboxyl-Methylation of Non-Histone Chromosomal Proteins Quick, DP and Duerre, JA. (1980) Carboxyl-Methylation of Non-Histone Chromosomal Proteins. Biochem 20:4724-29.
- Nucleotide Sequence of the Bovine Growth Hormone Gene. Gordon, DF, Quick, DP, Erwin, CR, Donelson, JE, and Maurer, RA ( 1983 ) Nucleotide Sequence of the Bovine Growth Hormone Gene. Mol. Cell. Endocrinology 33, 81-95.
- Rat hepatic cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP). Beale EG; Chrapkiewicz NB; Scoble HA; Metz RJ; Quick DP; Noble RL; Donelson JE; Biemann K; Granner DK ( 1985 ). Rat hepatic cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP). Structures of the protein, messenger RNA, and gene. J Biol Chem Sep 5 1985, 260 (19) p10748-60.
- The Development of a Recombinant Vaccine for Isospora suis. Quick, DP. (1992) The Development of a Recombinant Vaccine for Isospora suis. USDA Competitive Research Grants Office Small Business Innovation Research Program Technical Abstracts, p18.
- Patent for Isospora suis vaccine. Quick, DP, Welter, M, Welter, L, and Welter, CJ. (1999) Patent for Isospora suis vaccine. USA Patent 5861160.
- Complete Development of the Porcine Coccidium Isospora suis Biester, 1934 in cell cultures. Lindsay DS; Quick DP; Steger AM; Toivio-Kinnucan MA; Blagburn BL. (1999) Complete Development of the Porcine Coccidium Isospora suis Biester, 1934 in cell cultures. J Parasitol, 84(3):635-7.