Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dean of the School of Religion and Philosophy, Professor of Religion
Academic Affairs, School of Religion and Philosophy, Church Relations
Th.B., Circleville Bible College; M.Div., Wesley Biblical Seminary; D.Min., Reformed Theological Seminary; Ph.D., The University
Mission and Passion
The thrill of serving in the School of Religion and Philosophy is seeing my contribution to the Kingdom of God multiplied a thousand times. As the young men and women go out into all areas of ministries I am blessed to know I have not only helped prepare them, but have had an impact on their lives and in some small way can feel a part of all they accomplish for Christ and His Kingdom. I feel my role specifically is to help our students become grounded theologically and to fall in love with biblical preaching. I can think of no other way that I could benefit the Wesleyan Church, and more generally the Church as whole, than to labor in these areas.
Inspiring Verse / Quotation
“Unite the pair so long disjoined Knowledge and vital piety Learning and holiness combined And truth and love Let all men see.” Charles WesleyThis quote reflects the necessity of being transformed by the “renewing of our mind” (Romans 12:2), as well as the biblical requirement of being “holy as I, the Lord your God, am holy” (Leviticus 19:2).
- Homiletics I
- Systematic I-II
- Wisdom Literature
- Christian Spiritual Formation
- The Gospels, Historical Geography
- The Life and Theology of John Wesley
- New Testament Literature
- Bible Seminar
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS &PRACTICAL MINISTRY
- Weeter, M. John Wesley’s Bible Interpretation Principles. J. Coleson (Ed.) Treasure the Word (pp. 37-48). Indianapolis: Wesleyan Publishing House.
- Weeter, M. Reason, Tradition, and Experience in Bible Interpretation. J. Coleson (Ed.) Treasure the Word (pp. 49-62). Indianapolis: Wesleyan Publishing House.
- Weeter, M. “What Would Jesus Do? Are We Asking the Right Question?”, The Wesleyan Advocate.
- Weeter, M. ““The Holiness Movement’s Identity Crisis”, The Holiness Digest.
- Weeter, M. John Wesley’s View and Use of Scripture. Wipf and Stock Publishers, 2006
- “John Wesley vs John Calvin-Is There a Wesleyan Hermeneutic?”- June, 2009- Wesleyan Hermeneutic Symposium-Indianapolis Nov., 2009- Evangelical Theological Society-New Orleans
- 2005: The Influence of the Patristic Writers on John Wesley’s View of Scripture, Evangelical Theological Society.
- 2000: John Wesley’s Principles of Biblical Interpretation, Evangelical Theological Society.
- 1997: John Wesley’s Principles of Biblical Interpretation, The Wesleyan Theological Society.