Archive Grid — Open the Door to History — This database connects users to primary resource documents, personal papers, and family documents that are stored in many different libraries, museums, historical societies, and archives around the world.
Business Searching Interface — provides industry and company profiles, as well as market research reports and videos on many different topics from Harvard Business School. Some of the information in this database is available by searching in the Business Source Complete database (choose EBSCHost link), but the videos are only available in the Business Searching Interface link.
CAMIO — Catalog of Art Museum Images Online — Provides access to images in a variety of different mediums. All images have been approved to be copied for educational use.
Credo Reference — Contains 400 reference ebooks covering all major subject areas. All information is available in fulltext and citations can be formatted in MLA, APA, or Chicago style.
Encyclopædia Britannica — One of the most complete and accurate information sources in the world. It contains both short and book-length articles on every subject.Use this powerful resource to search or browse for information in encyclopedias, magazines, videos, and Web sites.
EBSCOHost (Complete List) — A package of databases containing thousands of fulltext journal and magazine articles in all major subject areas. It also includes citations to articles that are not in fulltext, but available in hard copy in the OKWU Library. When entering EBSCO, click on the EBSCHost Web or Academic Libraries links. If you are trying to access this database from a hospital or another library, please use this EBSCOHost link instead.
FirstSearch — Features several large databases that index periodicals and other materials in specialized areas. FirstSearch also indexes journals in Spanish, government documents, books, papers from worldwide conferences, and e-books.
Literary Reference Center (EBSCO) — This database uses a special platform that allows users to search for information by author, about specific literary works, or by genre. It also includes resources that cover political and religious writing.
Literature Resource Center — Contains biographical resources and literary criticism on authors of many disciplines and time periods. Materials may be obtained in hardcopy or through Interlibrary Loan from the OKWU Library.
Mergent — A powerful business database with national and international company data, archives, annual reports, fact sheets, and a great deal more relevant information available in fulltext.
OVID — This database provides access to the following journal titles:
- American Journal of Nursing
- CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing
- Journal of Christian Nursing
- Nurse Educator (limited access)
- Professional Case Management
- 16 ANA ebooks.
Oxford Reference — This E-book database provides full text access to the following resources:
- Encyclopedia of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Oxford Dictionary of Byzantium
- The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Reformation
Some of the resources in the database are not available through the library’s subscription. To view the resources that are available, click on the “Provided by Library” box in the top left hand corner of the page.
Procon.org — Promoting critical thinking, education, and informed citizenship by presenting controversial issues in a straightforward, nonpartisan, and primarily pro-con format.
Salem Health — This database covers important research in the fields of genetics, health, infectious diseases, & psychology. Click on the Remote Access link at the bottom of the database’s page for off campus access. This information is also available in hard copy in Drake Library’s reference collection.
Salem History — This database provides access to Milestone Documents in American History, Milestone Documents in African American History, and Milestone Documents in World History. Click on the Remote Access link at the bottom of the database’s page for off campus access. This information is also available in hard copy in Drake Library’s reference collection.
Salem Literature — This database includes biographical information and critical analysis of the most studied novelists and their works—ancient to contemporary and worldwide. Click on the Remote Access link at the bottom of the database’s page for off campus access. This information is also available in hard copy in Drake Library’s reference collection.
Salem Science — This database provides access to two new reference sets (also available in paper in Drake Library), Encyclopedia of Mathematics & Society, and Forensic Science.
Online Business Journals
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- The Economist — Use the username and password for the Newsbank database to access this resource.
- Wall Street Journal — Please contact the library for the username and password information. Click on the “Log in” link in the top right hand corner to access information that is not in the paper edition.
Online Education Journals
Online Religion & Theology Journals
- The Christian Century
- Christianity Today
- Decision (Billy Graham Association)
- Evangelical Missions Quarterly
- Group Magazine
- Mission Frontiers
- Preacher’s Magazine
- Theology Today (Archives — Last issue available: April 2010)
- Wesleyan Theological Journal
- Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise — Use this link to access the PDF version via the E-E website.
- Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise — Use this link to access the Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise via the Newsbank database. Use the Newsbank username and password to access this resource.
- Christian Science Monitor — Use the Newsbank database username and password to access this resource.
- Tulsa World — Use this link to access the Tulsa World via the Newsbank database. Use the Newsbank username and password when accessing this resource.
- Wall Street Journal — Click on Log In link in top right hand corner of the page.