Director of the Master of Arts in Theology and Apologetics
School of Ministry and Christian Thought
B.A. in Religion from Oklahoma Wesleyan University
M. Div., Wesley Biblical Seminary
D. Min Asbury Theological Seminary (Beeson Pastor Scholarship)
Mission & Passion
To walk in the power of the Holy Spirit in order to live a holy and pleasing life to God. I want to walk so close to him that I can hear his heartbeat. While this might be an anthropomorphic (ascribing human like qualities to God) statement, the only way that we can know God is to be with him. To be with God means to walk away from anything that would hurt God. When this happens, I find that I am able to Love God and love others like I should. Thus, being a teacher at the core, my mission is helping others understand and grow in a personal relationship with God. Whether that is helping them think critically with truth, walk in unpartisan love, or just enjoy God’s presence, it is with the conviction that mans chief end should be to love God and enjoy him forever (Wesley) that I live and walk.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- Intro to Ministry
- Church Leadership
- Research in Nursing
- Persuasive Speaking
- Bible Methods
- Pastoral Care
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Comparative Religions
- Christian Worldview
Select Publications & Presentations
- Presentation at CAHEA Conference: Colorado Springs, CO. 2011. Developing an Online Faculty Training Class.
- Smith, Devon (2005) Methods Pastors Use in Order to Exegete their Culture. Asbury Theological Seminary Dissertation.
- Smith, Devon (1997) The Prodigal Son. Crosswalk Publishing
- OKWU Faculty of the Term, 2010,2011
- Ordained Pastor in The Wesleyan Church
- Eagle Award for church growth