Chesapeake Energy School of Business
Ph.D., University of Oklahoma M.A., Oklahoma State University B.A., Northeastern State University
Mission & Passion
My mission and purpose is to live a life in service to others and in doing so, help guide them to a greater realization of their own ultimate purpose, giftedness, and inimitable potential.
I consider teaching a privilege but most importantly, a tremendous responsibility and an enormous opportunity to make a contribution that extends well beyond one’s work and life. I believe to be most effective as a professor is to approach teaching as that of a “Sherpa”, an ethnic people group from Nepal paid to guide and lead mountain climbing expeditions up Mt. Everest. While critical to the success of the expedition and the safety of the climbers, they never appear in the pictures or are offered credit for the achievement – they are there for the sake of the climbers. I feel there is no better model for the academy.
“Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant.” – Matthew 20:26
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2
“Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide…A man must consider what a rich realm he abdicates when he becomes a conformist.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“To every person there comes in their lifetime that special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for the work which could be their finest hour.” – Winston Churchill
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
• Leading Organizational Change
• Human Resource Leadership
• Organizational Behavior
• Strategic Management
Presentations and Professional Activities:
• Conference & Workshop Presenter: The Leader as Coach Leadership and Emotional Intelligence Teaching and Managing Generation X Employee Coaching and Management Driving Organizational Change
• Executive Leadership Coach with the John Maxwell Company and Coaching by Cornerstone
• CEO & Founder Human Performance Advisors
• Co-Founder, The Child of Divorce, Inc.
• Commissioned Whitepaper: “Leadership in Turbulent Times: The Lesson of the Phoenix”; Company Confidential (2009)
• Commissioned Whitepaper: “Executive Coaching: The Trusted and Reliable Advisor”; Company Confidential (2009)