School of Religion & Philosophy
B.D., Ruschlikon Theological Seminary; Ph.D., Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, MBA, Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Mission & Passion
I am thankful to be the recipient of God-given gifts of leadership and teaching. My passion is to use those gifts to advance God’s Kingdom. I am especially passionate about seeking, and finding, God’s truth and grace in every area of His creation.
Inspiring Verse / Quote
“As long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, my lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit. … till I die, I will not deny my integrity. I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.” Job 27: 3–6
“Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Proverbs 29:18a
“If thine heart is as mine heart, and if you lovest God and the mankind, I ask no more; give me thine hand.” John Wesley
- Church History
- Historical Theology
- God and Government
- Human Suffering
- Ethics and Values
- New Testament
- Old Testament
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, ANDDISTINCTIVES
- “Guarding Religious Freedom: A Christian Obligation.” A position paper prepared by The Wesleyan Church Faith and Public Life Task Force, May 2013.
- “Lessons from Egypt.” CAVE Magazine. May 2012.
- “What’s next for China’s house churches?” China Aid Report (February 21, 2012).
- “Christian Stewardship of Natural Resources,” in Care of Creation, Christian Voices on God, Humanity and the Environment. Ed by Joseph Coleson, Wesleyan Publishing House (2010).
- “Review of Ulrich Köpf and Sönke Lorenz Gabriel Biel und die Brüder vom gemeinsamen Leben”. Sixteenth Century Journal, 31 (2000), 1208-1209.
- “Review of Bernard Dov Cooperman’s In Iberria and Beyond: Hispanic Jews between Cultures.” Sixteenth Century Journal, 30 (1999), 1179-1180.
- “Studying English as a Second Language in the United States,” A Collection of Essays and Book Review by BWC Faculty, 1/1 (1999), 7-8.
- “Review of Ferenc Szakaly’s Lodovico Gritti in Hungary, 1529-1534.” Sixteenth Century Journal, 28 (1997), 837-838.
- “Review of Antoni Maczak’s Money, Price, and Power in Poland; Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries.” Sixteenth Century Journal 27 (1996), 1086-1087.
- “Review of A. Gordon Kinder’s Spanish Protestants and Reformers in the Sixteenth Century” Sixteenth Century Journal 27 (1996), 1147.
- “Studying English in the USA.” TransWorld Education, 4/2 (1996), 68-69.
- “Review of Eugene F. Rice, Jr. The Foundation of Early Modern Europe 1460-1559.” Sixteenth Century Journal, 26 (1995), 765-766.
- “Evolution of Science” paper presented at Oxford Round Table, Oxford University, July 26, 2009.
- “Winning methods of marketing a new business” paper presented at Tri County Technology Center, May 16, 2008.
- Integrating Faith into BWC Classroom. Paper presented at Faculty Colloquium, Bartlesville Wesleyan College, October 24, 2000.
- Cultural Diversity in American Classroom. Paper presented at Cultural Diversity Workshop, Pawhuska Public School, January 17, 2000.
- “Jeannette Rankin: The Woman Who Voted No.” Paper presented at Georgia Humanities Council, Andrew College, October 16, 1991.
- Distinguished Service Award, Oklahoma Wesleyan University (2006)
- VOM service trips to China (2009), Pakistan (2008), Vietnam (2006), and Indonesia (2006).
- Serving as business consultant with Tri County technology Center for local small businesses (2006 to present)
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Training Certificate, 2005.
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, Selected 2003, 2004, and 2005.
- President’s Cabinet, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Appointed 2002.
- Chair, Distance Education Committee, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, 1998 – 2001.
- Chair and member, Faculty Development, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, 1997 – 2001.
- Coordinator, Study Abroad Program, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, 1995 – present.
*Visiting Professor, Ogaki Women’s College, Ogaki, Japan, December 1996.