STEP: A.A. General Studies
Take the steps you need to complete your Associate or Bachelor’s degree. Our STEP program offers general education courses or elective classes to help you attain your degree. Whether you need to take one class or everything required for the A.A. in General Studies, OKWU has you covered with our accelerated classes tailored around you – the busy professional. Complete your Associate of Arts in less than 2 years, entirely online with STEP.
On average, our program lasts 2 years for students admitted into the university with no previous college credit or a limited number of transfer credits. Students in our STEP program can earn their Associate of Arts in General Studies by completing 60 credit hours. Upon completion of your 60-credit hour A.A. degree, you can seek admittance into one of our Bachelor of Science degree programs.
As with any of our other academic programs, STEP incorporates a strong foundation of faith through learning. We infuse our curriculum with biblical lessons and values consistent with Wesleyan theology.
Students enrolled in our STEP program will study online courses such as:
- Written Communication I & II
- Concepts of Mathematics
- New Testament Survey
- American Political Foundations
- Philosophy and Christian Thought
At Oklahoma Wesleyan University, undergo a journey of knowledge and faith as you pursue our STEP program and turn your Associate degree to a Bachelor’s.
More than a degree!
"I never pictured myself in college until I heard about the STEP program at OKWU. Who knew college
-Andrea Reese, 2013 STEP Graduate
could be so stress-free? The work was challenging, but I was able to manage going to class one night a
week, especially since the class size was small and I got as much help as I needed from the award winning
instructors. The STEP program was well worth it to me; once I graduated I felt I had truly succeeded!"
In order to graduate from Oklahoma Wesleyan University with the Associate of Arts in General Studies degree a student must complete the following criteria:
- A total of 60 credit hours consisting in the completion of: 15 hours of Major Requirements 30 hours of General Education 15 hours of Electives
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
Bachelor of Science Degree Options: (A total of 128 semester hours required)
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Ministry and Leadership
- BS in Organizational Management and Ethics
- BS in Phycology Studies
On location & online
- All prospective undergraduate students must have earned a high school diploma or a certificate of graduation equivalency (GED)
- OKWU must receive ALL official high school and college transcripts and/or official GED results
Those entering with a high school diploma or fewer than 24 college semester credits:
- With an official high school transcript, showing graduation date (must meet 2 out of 3 criteria): 1. High School GPA of 2.0 or higher 2. SAT/ACT scores of 860/18 or higher 3. Ranked in the upper half of graduating class
Those entering with a GED
Those entering from another college or university with 24 or more semester credits
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Students whose first language is not English (unless a US citizen) must have a TOEFL score of 69 or higher
- Students must either own or have access to a computer with internet capabilities