LAUNCH YOUR FUTURE HERE
The OKWU Accelerate program provides high school students the opportunity to take online courses for college credit. Our courses are designed to prepare students academically, taught with a Christian worldview in order to prepare you for life beyond high school.
Our nationally recognized faculty provide a learning experience that will give you a head start in launching a successful college career from right where you are.
- Available to high school juniors and seniors
- 8 week course sessions (up to 2 courses per session)
- $95 per credit hour, plus cost of textbooks
- Dual-credit means these courses can also count for high school credit.*
See below for more details
UPCOMING COURSE OFFERINGS:
- ENGL1103 English Composition (3.0 credits)
- POLS1203 U.S. Government (3.0 credits)
- HIST1103 U.S. History I (3.0 credits)
- ENGL1203 English Composition II* (3.0 credits)
- MATH1603 College Algebra** (3.0 credits; 15 week course 1/14/19-5/11/18 with Spring Break 3/18-3/22)
- HIST1223 U.S. History II (3.0 credits; Spring Break 3/19/3/25)
* Prerequisite: English Comp I
** Due to the lab and credit hours, this course will be spread out across 15 weeks
ALL COURSES REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 6 STUDENTS IN ORDER TO MAKE
- Must be a High School Junior or Senior
- Cumulative GPA: 2.5 or higher
- ACT Composite score: minimum 18 (SAT minimum 860)
*Most schools offer 1/2 high school credit for each 3 hours of college credit (check with your school)
- $95 per credit hour. (plus books, no additional enrollment or technology fees)
- Students choosing to attend OKWU after high school are eligible for a scholarship equal to the amount of tuition paid in the online Accelerate program up to $2,000 as a one-time match divided into four parts. Ex. – a student who pays $1,600 in online Accelerate tuition, will receive a $400/year scholarship to match those funds. *Some restrictions may apply. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information 918.335.6282.
Complete the brief online application
- Be prepared to upload a copy of your current high school transcript or indicate that it will be mailed.
- Be prepared to upload a letter of written approval from your high school counselor (or parent if homeschooled) or indicate that it will be mailed.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com or Call 918.335.6878