Earning your BS in Psychology
OKWU’s Psychology degree completion program is designed to allow graduates in this major the opportunity to serve our hurting world in many different capacities.
More than a degree!
“Doing the type of work that the psychology program prepares students to do is a high calling,” says Dr. Gentry Sutton, Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. “In addition to preparing students for graduate-level study, our curriculum challenges students to address the discipline biblically and use the professional skills gained in the program to love and help others.”
“Our instructors will bring wisdom steeped in practice as well as solid academic pedigrees to the program. I am glad that we are now able to make our gifted psychology instructors available to more students,” Sutton adds.
- A total of 126 credit hours consisting in the completion of:
- 36 hours of core Psychology Curriculum
- 45 hours of General Education
- 45 hours of Electives
- All Core Curriculum courses must be completed through OKWU AGS
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Students not entering with an Associate’s degree must submit proof of a high school diploma or GED
- Official transcripts verifying a minimum of 45 transferable college credit hours (Transcripts are required from all colleges attended.)
- An overall grade point average of 2.0 in previous college work (Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on a conditional basis.)
- Students whose first language is not English (unless a US citizen) must have a TOEFL score of 69 or higher
- Students must either own or have access to a computer with internet capabilities
- Students must complete each core course with a 2.0 grade or better
- Students whose core GPA falls below 2.0 will be place on academic probation for the next term
- Students must comply with the program attendance policies to continue the program