While remaining committed to the safety of its student-athletes, coaches, and fans, Oklahoma Wesleyan UniversityAthletics is continuing to build a foundation of success for Fall 2020. Here’s a few things to know about OKWU Athletics in relation to school closures:
▪ Athletic recruiting will continue in a limited, safe fashion. If you’ve been in contact with an OKWU coach or had an athletic tryout scheduled, please reach out again to connect about next steps and scheduling.
▪ Assuming that health concerns due to the COVID-19 virus have abated by the summer, OKWU plans to be open for business in the Fall of 2020.
▪ The NAIA, OKWU’s athletic organization, has cancelled its 2020 winter championships (men’s and women’s basketball) and the
▪ Effective March 22, OKWU’s campus is closed for the remainder of the spring semester, and all residential services are suspended – including food service, access to fitness facilities, and access to residence halls. All classes will continue in an online format starting March 30.
▪ OKWU student-athletes should not return to campus. Instructions for retrieving personal items will be communicated directly to students.