KANSAS CITY, Mo.— The KCAC had three men’s basketball teams ranked in the Top 25 of the latest NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. Oklahoma Wesleyan remained at No. 1, receiving seven first-place votes. Southwestern dropped two spots to No. 8, and Friends University remained at No. 22. The next men’s basketball poll will be released Wednesday, February 27.
Top 25 Highlights:
- Oklahoma Wesleyan is No. 1 after going 3-1 the past two weeks. The Eagles clinched the conference championship with a 97-95 (OT) win at then-No. 6 Southwestern (Kan.).
- The top-8 teams last at least one game since the last poll.
- No. 2 Morningside (Iowa) received four first-place votes. The Mustangs went 3-1 in the last couple of weeks, including a win over then-12 Briar Cliff (Iowa), 97-79.
- WVU Tech (W. Va.) joined the top-five this week, after they went 5-0 since the last poll.
- WVU Tech and Olivet Nazarene (Ill) moved up five sports each, highlighting the positive movement in the top 25.
- Madonna (Mich.) is the lone newcomer in the poll this week.
- Northwest Christian (Ore.) fell out of the rankings from No. 25.
- Indiana Wesleyan holds the longest active streak in the poll with 81-straight appearances. Bethel (Ind.) (No. 20) is next with 71, with Cornerstone (Mich.), currently ranked tenth in the poll, with 60.
2018-2019 NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 6 (Feb. 19, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma Wesleyan ||28-2||308|
|2||2||Morningside (Iowa) ||25-2||305|
|3||5||Indiana Wesleyan ||25-5||292|
|5||T3||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||24-6||266|
|7||T3||College of Idaho||25-5||248|
|11||T6||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)||24-6||203|
|14||13||Indiana East (Ind.)||23-7||196|
|15||12||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||20-7||162|
|16||21||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||23-7||158|
|18||T18||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||21-8||136|
|21||23||Indiana Northwest (Ind.)||23-6||106|
|25||24||IU Kokomo (Ind.)||23-6||73|