KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A new team sits atop the NAIA DII Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. Oklahoma Wesleyan ascended back to the top spot, replacing Indiana Wesleyan in the fifth regular-season edition.
Top 25 Highlights:
- Oklahoma Wesleyan moves back to the No. 1 spot after falling to the No. 2 spot in the previous poll. The Eagles received nine of the 12 possible first-place votes and 310 points.
- After receiving its first loss on Jan. 7, Oklahoma Wesleyan has won eight games in-a-row, all by at least 10 points.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- Frequency of polls occur bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018-2019 NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 5 (Feb. 5, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||2||Oklahoma Wesleyan ||25-1||310|
|2||3||Morningside (Iowa) ||22-1||304|
|T3||5||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||23-3||287|
|T3||4||College of Idaho||23-3||287|
|T6||6||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)||22-4||249|
|12||10||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||18-6||189|
|13||15||Indiana East (Ind.)||20-7||182|
|18||17||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||17-7||130|
|21||21||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||18-7||125|
|23||23||Indiana Northwest (Ind.)||18-6||82|
|24||NR||IU Kokomo (Ind.)||21-4||76|
|25||NR||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||18-7||59|
Dropped out: Indiana Tech (No. 22) and St. Francis (Ill) (No. 25)
Others receiving votes: Presentation (N.D.) 50; Madonna (Mich.) 39; Milligan (Tenn.) 23; Indiana Tech 23; Indiana Southeast (Ind.) 20; Bellevue (Neb.) 16; Ave Maria (Fla.) 10; Corban (Ore.) 7; Washington Adventist (Md.) 3; Mayville State (N.D.) 3