After knocking off ranked opponent Vanguard, collecting 16 goals and only allowing 4 in 3 matches, the OKWU Men’s Soccer team have landed in the #5 spot in the first 2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll of the season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 1 (September 11, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Missouri Valley ||4-0||467|
|2||5||Rio Grande (Ohio)||5-0||440|
|3||1||Central Methodist (Mo.)||3-1||422|
|4||3||William Carey (Miss.)||4-0-2||418|
|12||7||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||12-2||287|
|14||17||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||14-1||269|
|15||10||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||15-1-1||254|
|19||NR||University of Northwestern Ohio||2-1-1||176|
|20||NR||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||20-0||138|
|21||NR||St. Thomas (Fla.)||21-0||134|
|22||8||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||22-2||132|
|23||NR||Hope International (Calif.)||23-0||127|
Dropped From Top 25: Olivet Nazarene (Ill.), Corban (Ore.), Vanguard (Calif.) and Bellevue (Neb.)
Others Receiving Votes: Keiser (Fla.) 66, Marymount California 60, Cumberlands (Ky.) 54, Olivet Nazarene 50, Eastern Oregon 43, Morningside (Iowa) 37, LSU Alexandria (La.) 33, WVU Tech 30, Huntington (Ind.) 30, Sterling (Kan.) 16, Corban (Ore.) 16, Vanguard (Calif.) 15, Dalton State (Ga.) 15, John Brown (Ark.) 8, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 7, Bellevue (Neb.) 7, LSU Shreveport (La.) 6, Cumberland (Tenn.) 5, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 4, William Penn (Iowa) 4