KANSAS CITY, Mo.— In the latest edition of the NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Poll, Oklahoma Wesleyan moved up one spot to No. 8, while Friends University continued to receive votes, the national office announced Wednesday. The next NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Poll will be the postseason poll, which will be released Wednesday, December 12.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 10 (November 13)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||18-1||498|
|2||2||Columbia (Mo.) ||18-0||482|
|5||3||William Carey (Miss.)||12-0-4||437|
|6||6||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||15-1-2||403|
|7||7||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||12-3-1||394|
|10||11||Rio Grande (Ohio)||14-3||348|
|11||12||William Penn (Iowa)||15-4||337|
|13||15||Grand View (Iowa)||13-4||293|
|21||21||University of Northwestern Ohio||11-2-6||145|
Dropped Out: LSU Shreveport (La.), St. Thomas (Fla.) and Vanguard (Calif.)
Receiving Votes: LSU Shreveport (La.) 75, Keiser (Fla.) 73, UC Merced 63, John Brown (Ark.) 62, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 52, St. Thomas (Fla.) 47, Vanguard (Calif.) 47, Dalton State (Ga.) 39, Madonna (Mich.) 22, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 15, Mid-America Christian 11, Huntington (Ind.) 8, Friends (Kan.) 7, Roosevelt (Ill.) 6, Lyon (Ark.) 5, Morningside (Iowa) 4, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 4.