KANSAS CITY, Mo.— Two KCAC baseball teams were recognized in the latest edition of the NAIA Baseball Coaches’ Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. Oklahoma Wesleyan University remained at No. 12 in the rankings, while McPherson College received votes. The Eagles wrapped up the week with an offensive explosion of runs. They had impressive wins over Kansas Wesleyan (20-3) and the 5th ranked Oklahoma City University Stars 15-4 in seven innings. OKWU also collected another series sweep over Avila University by outscoring them 34-6 over the three games. The next baseball coaches’ poll will be released Tuesday, April 30.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point on the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of the polls is bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) prior to the 2016-17 academic season. This change allows raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work between rating periods.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Baseball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 4 (April 16)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|6||10||St. Thomas (Fla.)||34-11||409|
|8||9||Science & Arts (Okla.)||32-10||398|
|10||8||Middle Georgia State||31-11||347|
|11||11||LSU Shreveport (La.)||36-9||345|
|16||13||Central Methodist (Mo.)||26-9||267|
|19||25||Webber International (Fla.)||31-16||196|
|20||23||The Master’s (Calif.)||27-13||182|
|22||16||Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.)||35-12||164|
|24||NR||Indiana Southeast (Ind.)||27-14||123|
Dropped from the Top 25: Warner (Fla.), Vanguard (Calif.).
Others Receiving Votes: Keiser (Fla.) 61, Arizona Christian 60, Southwestern Christian (Okla.) 57, Rio Grande (Ohio) 41, Missouri Baptist 25, William Penn (Iowa) 21, Warner (Fla.) 20, Hope International (Calif.) 20, Vanguard (Calif.) 14, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 11, McPherson (Kan.) 10, Campbellsville (Ky.) 10, Antelope Valley (Calif.) 9, Madonna (Mich.) 4, LSU Alexandria (La.) 3, Huntington (Ind.) 3, Point (Ga.) 3.