The Lady Eagles have kicked off their 2019 campaign facing 3 ranked teams in the NAIA including a 2-1 overtime victory over John Brown and are still receiving votes in the first 2019 NAIA Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll of the season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete ratings calendar, click here
2019 NAIA Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 1 (September 11, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||William Carey (Miss.) ||4-0||498|
|4||7||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||3-0||449|
|6||6||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||3-1||398|
|8||16||University of Northwestern Ohio||3-0||374|
|10||4||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||3-2||348|
|13||19||Science & Arts (Okla.)||3-0||321|
|14||13||John Brown (Ark.)||3-1||256|
|21||NR||Central Methodist (Mo.)||5-0||174|
|22||22||Trinity Christian (Ill.)||4-0||166|
Dropped from the Top 25: Cardinal Stritch (Wis.), Northwest (Wash.), Kansas Wesleyan, Hope International (Calif.).
Others Receiving Votes: Oklahoma Wesleyan 59, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 48, The Master’s (Calif.) 37, Columbia (Mo.) 30, Concordia (Mich.) 26, Aquinas (Mich.) 26, Middle Georgia State 24, USC Beaufort (S.C.) 19, Indiana Wesleyan 18, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 16, Missouri Valley 14, Truett McConnell (Ga.) 12, LSU Alexandria (La.) 8, Northwest (Wash.) 7, Tennessee Wesleyan 3.