KANSAS CITY, Mo.— The Oklahoma Wesleyan women’s soccer team received votes in the latest edition of the NAIA Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Poll, the national office announced Wednesday. The next women’s soccer poll will be released Wednesday, October 16.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete ratings calendar, click here
2019 NAIA Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 5 (October 9, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) ||10-1||492|
|2||2||William Carey (Miss.) ||10-1||488|
|3||3||University of Northwestern Ohio||9-1||466|
|5||5||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||6-2-1||429|
|8||9||Central Methodist (Mo.)||12-0||379|
|9||11||John Brown (Ark.)||7-2-1||377|
|10||10||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||7-3-1||341|
|13||8||Science & Arts (Okla.)||10-1||325|
|17||19||Trinity Christian (Ill.)||10-0||229|
|19||15||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||5-3-4||213|
Dropped from the Top 25: Oklahoma Wesleyan, Mobile (Ala.), Southern Oregon
Others Receiving Votes: Oklahoma Wesleyan 74, Aquinas (Mich.) 42, Mobile (Ala.) 41, Truett McConnell (Ga.) 40, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 33, Columbia (Mo.) 31, Northwest (Wash.) 31, Taylor (Ind.) 22, Cumberlands (Ky.) 21, The Master’s (Calif.) 18, Southern Oregon 7, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) 6, Indiana East (Ind.) 3.