Oklahoma Wesleyan is saddened by the loss of a long-time OKWU family member, former basketball coach and administrator, Rocky Kent. A former student of Kent’s, Coach Mark Molder, OKWU’s Athletic Director and Head Women’s Basketball coach, said it best:

I’m saddened with the passing of my college coach, Rocky Kent. Heaven has gained a Heavenly Hall of Famer. The example he led all of his players with and how he grew us up is one that I will value forever. He changed many lives and his legacy is living on in the lives of his former players and their families around the world. Coach, gonna miss ya! Thanks for believing in me and changing my life and many others forever!”

Coach Kent came to OKWU in 1990 to coach basketball, and over the years also served in roles including Athletic Director, the Director of the Management of Human Resources, and eventually as the Vice President for Finance. He served as a member of the OKWU team until his retirement in 2003, and was inducted into the OKWU Eagles Athletics Hall of Fame in 2012.

Services for Coach Kent will be August 24th at 2pm on the Bartlesville campus of Oklahoma Wesleyan University in the Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center. To send flowers or a memorial gift to the Kent family, please visit the Stumpff Funeral Home Sympathy Store.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrShare on Google+Email this to someone