1 full time opening in Bartlesville, OK
Are you highly creative, strategic, and a maker? Do you breath design and see the world through a lens? If you love to listen, learn, reinvent, design and make stuff, come join the Creative Impact Team! You’ll shape the culture of OKWU through design, photography and media curation.
The Designer we’re seeking is excited by building brands, lifestyle photography, and meaningful design. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in graphic design, typography, and photography. They understand how to tell unique visual stories through light and pixels that ultimately bring OKWU to life. Our environment is highly creative, fun and collaborative—expect to improve through team critics. The candidate should also have a strong pulse on trends (today and what’s happening next) and ultimately bring a fresh perspective and positivity to the team. Strong communication skills and an intuitive understanding of Adobe Creative Suite will enable the success of this individual to humbly serve.
This role is within OKWU’s Creative Impact Team—a creative team encouraging, creating and managing the University’s brand, marketing, and communications. The team elevates OKWU’s brand through meaningful communication plans, design-driven engagements, and innovation in the Christian higher education marketplace. Our focus is advancing Christ-centered education and student-success.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Vice President for Creative Impact.
Examples of Work Performed
Design & Photography:
- Strategic creative thinker and brand builder—serves as a visual storyteller, designing on-brand, engaging campaigns for print and digital platforms.
- Manage projects, meets deadlines and works collaboratively to communicate creative direction to team and clients. Take a project from end to end, from conception through to manufacture/realization.
- A team player with dedication to high quality solutions on all projects assigned. Inspired to learn and grow, open to critique and a self-evaluation of design work.
- Serve as campus photographer—capturing professional images of OKWU life at events for campaigns, web content, news and social media.
- Manage Student Personnel: Work with and oversee student work-study personnel to assist with design and photography.
- Designs elements for social media campaigns to maximize reach and engagement.
- Provides University departments with creative and quality design production consistent with University brand standards.
- Curate media library: Edit, organize and manage photos, video, and resources with tags, descriptions, captions, etc.
- Edits web images and converts files – Word to PDF, Excel to PDF, video and audio from one format to another.
- Writes titles and descriptions, creates tags and keywords, visually organizes web content to brand standards.
- Interacts with departments and vendors to provide media resources as needed.
- The position will require some work outside of normal (8am-5pm) hours for events and other media related responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in graphic design and strong coherent portfolio.
- Demonstrates ability to professionally design for print/digital media and communicate effectively with internal/external audiences
- Mastery of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Ability to learn new software (i.e. CMS, Canva, MailChimp, project management tools, etc.)
- Possesses solid organizational skills, time management, and multi-tasking strengths.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team collaborator, managing internal and external relationships.
- Ability to use sound judgment, be self-initiating, and work independently.
- Obsess over brand standards, quality, and craftsmanship, able to present new ideas clearly, and receive constructive criticism appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and commits to personal spiritual growth.
- Models personal integrity, highest ethical standards, and represent the University’s best interests.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.