Full-Time Financial Aid Processor
1 opening in Bartlesville
This position is responsible for the processing of federal, state and local financial aid funds. This includes, but is not limited to, Title IV originations and disbursements, submitting corrections to the federal databases, reconciling all funds, and coordinating state benefits. While this position has limited student contact, the ability to interact with others in a positive and professional manner, address questions with poise and diplomacy, and contribute to the success of the team are all essential components of this job.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Aid.
A vital Christian faith is critical.
Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
The ability to work with precision and attention-to-detail is a must.
Knowledge of Excel and the aptitude to learn other computer-based data systems is essential.
Examples of Work Preformed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Assists with all aspects of the student aid delivery in the Office of Financial Aid.
- Collect and process documentation required for “Verification” of a student’s financial aid application in accordance with federal regulations.
- Processes and repackages student loans due to schedule changes
- Assist in the student notification, software updates and NSLDS updates for Satisfactory Academic Progress statuses.
- Completes withdrawal processing, including Return to Title IV calculations, exit interviews and NSLDS updates, when a student withdrawals
- Assist counselor with communication regarding missing items
- Send disbursement notification letters after federal loans disburse onto accounts
- Reconcile federal funds each month
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date Financial Aid operations manual
- Responsible for importing and exporting data to COD (Common Origination & Disbursement System).
- Reviews student loan reports and reconciles monthly.
- Creating disbursement rosters that are loaded by the Student Accounts Office onto students’ accounts.
- Verifying enrollment status of students at time of aid disbursement.
- Maintains competency and professional currency through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development coursed, and attending training and/or courses required by the Director of Financial Aid
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-333-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. With its main campus located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, OKWU is part of a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa campus, located just east of Hwy. 169 between 41st and 51st Street, set in a professional office complex with top-notch classroom and student-support space, provides easy access to AGS students.