Administrative Assistant for CROSS Training – Part-time – Tulsa
Framework of Expectations:
CROSS Training is an ordination specific program that academically prepares Ministers in The Wesleyan Church for Ordination. CROSS Training is offered through the Adult and Graduate Studies School of Ministry Department at Oklahoma Wesleyan University (OKWU). Therefore, it is expected that the CROSS Training Liaison would understand, uphold, and adhere to both the mission and doctrinal tenets of OKWU and The Wesleyan Church (TWC).
The Administrative Assistant for CROSS Training (CT) at Oklahoma Wesleyan University works closely with students and faculty in the CT program for the purpose of promoting student enrollment, success and retention.
The Administrative Assistant works directly with current and potential students in processing applications, orienting new students to the Learning Management System (Brightspace), helping to resolve issues related to CROSS Training courses, and to act as a liaison between the department of Ministry and Education of The Wesleyan Church in order to make sure students are on track for ordination. This individual is responsible for handling phone calls, email requests, and other technical related functions directly related to the classroom for students in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the abilities to maintain confidentiality, work independently, prioritize, and organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Computer skills and attention to detail are essential. This position also requires flexibility of hours worked.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of CROSS Training.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- Experience in non-traditional education is a plus;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience working or learning in an online course-management system;
- Skill at providing excellent customer service;
- The ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision;
- A passion for the Oklahoma Wesleyan University mission and for Christian worldview integration in academic programs;
- Evidence of a personal and vital Christian faith;
- A connection to The Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Arminian tradition is preferred.
Examples of Work Performed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Help enroll and establish incoming students in CT
- Provide tech support by providing help for current online students via phone calls, emails, texts, and other forums of technology
- Trouble-shooting CT student concerns and problem-solving for a smooth transition to the Online environment. Contacting and following up with students by telephone or email to facilitate smooth progression through their program
- Develop and maintain a CT student orientation class and other technical aspects necessary to aid the student in the transition to online learning
- Act as an advisor to the CT students
- Work with Student Accounts to keep all CT students accounts current and paid to date
- Maintain and update website, policy and procedures, as well as the CT handbook
- Liaison between OKWU and Wesleyan Districts and Education and Ministry headquarters.
- Alert the Director of CT of any student reported content issues in the classroom
- Completing assigned special projects
- Performs other tasks as assigned
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. OKWU’s main campus is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa office, located at 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 100, serves our Adult and Graduate Studies students, including those attending evening classes at that location, online, or at other satellite locations.