The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the supervision and coordination of Oklahoma Wesleyan University’s overall sports medicine program; to include injury prevention, evaluation, management and treatment of athletic injuries, education and counseling of student-athletes. The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting in athletic related health care administration in consultation with and under the supervision of the Team Physician(s) and other qualified medical personnel. The Assistant Athletic Trainer is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Oklahoma Wesleyan University and its conference affiliation, and NAIA. This is a full time position.
Supervision Given or Received:
The Assistant Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will assist in the supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and Student Athletic/University Work Study Students.
Examples of Work Performed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provide athletic training services for the athletic department as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer including attendance at scheduled team practices, home and away competitions.
- Determine (with Team Physician and Head Athletic Trainers’ consultation) student athlete’s ability to practice and/or compete.
- Report status of injured student-athletes to Head Athletic Trainer and coaching staff.
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with compilation, input, organization, and maintenance of medical records for student-athletes.
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with inventory, bidding, ordering, receiving, and maintenance of all athletic training room supplies and equipment.
- Enforce code of conduct and rules for athletic training facilities and therapy clinic as well as equipment.
- Follow emergency action plan for athletic teams in conjunction with Team Physicians, area emergency medical services, and local hospitals.
- Work with coaches regarding strength, conditioning, and flexibility of student-athletes, nutritional issues, supplements/ergogenic aids, injury prevention, exercise techniques, and rehab of injured student athletes.
- Assist scheduling and administration of student athlete’s physical examinations.
- Work well with others in the context of a Christian university to support the university’s mission and ultimate success.
- Share in responsibility of athletic training room/therapy clinic maintenance and upkeep.
- Maintain department’s certification and license requirements of NATABOC and the State of Oklahoma
- Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization with professional experience in collegiate athletics.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- Oklahoma State Athletic Training Licensure or able to obtain
- Familiarity with NCAA, NAIA governing rules
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources 918-335-6212 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. OKWU’s main campus is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa office, located at 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 100, serves our Adult and Graduate Studies students, including those attending evening classes at that location, online, or at other satellite locations.