Assistant Softball Coach – Part Time
The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible recruiting, travel, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently while still working well with others, prioritize, organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgement in the environment of a Christian university’s athletic department.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics and Head Softball Coach.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- A personal and vital Christian faith consistent with the mission of the university.
- A bachelor’s or post graduate degree.
- Experience with recruiting is preferred.
- Experience working with pitchers is preferred.
Examples of Work Performed
Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible to recruit to meet your quota as designated by the university.
- Help in scheduling games and practices.
- Schedule and make travel accommodations for your sport.
- Sponsor and promote activities to grow community support
- Aid in coaching the JV program
- Play a role in the student athlete’s spiritual growth
- The ability to understand and comply with NCCAA/NAIA rules and regulations
- Work with outside vendors in the purchase of supplies for the softball program
- Work well with others in the context of a Christian university to support the university’s well-being as a whole.
- Operate program under the guidelines of NAIA, NCCAA, and the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Assist in Fundraising Activities
- Set up and run softball camps
- Aid in developing the skills of the student athletes
- Schedule team building/team bonding activities
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.