Full-Time Assistant Professor, School of Education – Elementary Specialist
1 full-time opening in Bartlesville
This position is responsible for the instruction and supervision of students in the School of Education and Exercise Science with a required focus on the instruction of elementary education students.
This position requires the integration of faith and learning with a biblical worldview. A successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in pedagogy and planning and have expertise in the supervision of educational practitioners. A successful candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively on individual and school goals. A successful candidate must understand the realm of P-12 education, including public and private schools. A successful candidate will be able to build and sustain partnerships with P-12 schools and districts. Required skills and knowledge include but are not limited to the following: professionalism, educational technology, pedagogy, diversity, and assessment.
Evidence of commitment to the integration of Christian faith and living with the theory and practice of education is expected. A personal and vital Christian faith is required; a connection to The Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Armenian tradition is preferred.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Education and Exercise Science and ultimately reports to the Provost.
Candidates must possess a valid United States teaching credential in elementary education and have considerable teaching and/or administration experience in the P-12 school system (public or private). Candidates with an earned Master’s degree in the area of elementary education, school counseling, or special education will be considered. Candidates must be willing to work toward a terminal degree.
Candidates with an earned terminal degree in the area of elementary education, school counseling, or special education will be given priority. Higher education experience is desired, but not required, for this position.
Examples of Work Preformed
- Create comprehensive and cohesive syllabi that advance the mission of the university and align to all accreditation standards.
- Work collaboratively with other professors to recruit, retain, and refine students in the School of Education and Exercise Science.
- Teach a diverse population of collegiate learners effectively.
- Articulate professional goals and develop plans of action for students.
- Demonstrate cooperation with the other Schools within the University.
- Actively engage in personal and professional development as a faculty member.
- Adhere to and assist with all assessment and accreditation requirements.
- Oversee elementary academic advising within the School of Education.
- Serve on Faculty Council committees as needed.
- Build healthy, biblical, collaborative relationships with the OKWU community.
- Advance the mission of OKWU through the recruitment, retention, and refinement of students in the School of Education and Exercise Science.
- Other duties assigned by the dean.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.