Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach & Administrative Assistant to Athletic Director
This position requires recruiting, travel, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently while still working well with others, prioritize, organize, manage a budget, schedule games and practices, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgement in the environment of a Christian university’s athletic department.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics and Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Supervision of student employees is a part of this person’s responsibilities.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- A personal and vital Christian faith consistent with the mission of the university.
- A bachelor’s or post graduate degree.
- Experience with recruiting is preferred.
Examples of Work Performed
Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible to recruit to meet your quota as designated by the university.
- Responsible for tracking and submitting all statistical data as it pertains to your sport.
- Verifies and pays travel expense reports.
- Schedule all games and practices as related to your program.
- Schedule and make travel accommodations for your sport.
- Monitor the academic progress of student athletes and eligibility
- Sponsor and promote activities to grow community support
- Track scholarships on an annual basis for NAIA, and KCAC reporting
- Play a role in the student athlete’s spiritual growth
- The ability to understand and comply with NCCAA/NAIA rules and regulations
- Work with outside vendors in the purchase of supplies for program(s)
- Work well with others in the context of a Christian university to support the university’s well-being as a whole.
- Operate program under the guidelines of NAIA, NCCAA, and the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Work and Assist Director of Athletics and Sports Information Director with Work study management
- Work with Sports Information Director in the area of game day operations and management
- Assist in Fundraising Activities
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.