Full-Time Position in Accounts Payable
Function of Job
The person in this full-time position processes accounts payables and other financial tasks in order to ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner, financial records are up-to-date, and that accounting information is accurate and comprehensive. The position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently, prioritize, organize, work under pressure, and exercise logical discretion. Advanced computer skills including Excel and basic knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping are essential. This is a non-exempt position, eligible for overtime pay if more than 40 hours of work are required in the standard work week.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting.
Examples of Work Performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Processes invoices, check requisitions, expense reports, and purchase requisitions
- Prepares checks and purchase orders for distribution.
- Performs weekly integration of student, parent, and lender refund checks.
- Reconciles monthly general ledger activity pertaining to accounts payable.
- Prepares monthly journal entries.
- Prepares 1099s at year end for all vendors.
- Analyzes and reconciles financial information.
- Compiles data for reports as requested.
- Assists in internal and external audits as requested.
- Maintains all university fixed asset files to include entering of data, reconciling of data, and yearly inventory
- Processes gift batch donations in donation software and reports on donation data.
- Processes monthly sales tax report and payment for Doc Lacy’s campus coffee shop
- Manages university purchasing cards
- Maintains Business Office supplies and coordinates Business Office equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Works flexible schedules, including, but not limited to overtime, varying starting and ending hours, etc.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. OKWU’s main campus is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa office, located at 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 100, serves our Adult and Graduate Studies students, including those attending evening classes at that location, online, or at other satellite locations.