Full-Time Communication Arts/Graphic Design Professor
1 full-time opening in Bartlesville
This faculty member will teach both introductory and upper-level courses in Graphic Design, Media Strategy, Website Design and Digital Media Marketing. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Graphic Design but preference will be given to those with secondary skill sets in copy writing, writing for new media and or digital journalism. Responsibilities include but are not limited to academic advisement, program development, and the delivery of quality, professional classroom and online instruction. Teaching experience in the contexts of evangelical and liberal arts traditions is preferred, and candidates who have some degree of theological education in an evangelical context will be given priority. Experience teaching online is also preferred.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will hold an earned MFA in Graphic Design. Candidates who hold a PhD, ABD or MA in a related discipline will also be considered. The candidate must provide a well-established portfolio of visual works. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and in particular InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects applications is essential. A personal and vital Christian faith is required. A connection to the Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Armenian tradition is preferred.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. Performance reviews are conducted annually by the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences.
Examples of Work Preformed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Support and contribute to the institutional strategic mission, vision, and goals
- Teach courses in graphic strategy and design
- Guide students in seeing the relationship between a Christian worldview and cultural/cultural medium
- Assist the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences in finding and reviewing the qualifications of potential adjuncts to teach in COMM Arts and design programs
- Advise, mentor, and support students
- Serve on School of Arts and Sciences and university-wide committees as assigned
- Participate in the ongoing assessment, evaluation, and development of communication arts programs
- Develop courses and syllabi
- Participate in accreditation work as needed
- Assist the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences with budget planning and purchasing
- Keep regular office hours
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.