Director of Adult, Graduate, and Online Education – Tulsa
The Director of Adult, Graduate, and Online (Nonresidential) Education is a full-time position that reports directly to the Provost/VPAA and is responsible for policies relating to the management of all aspects of Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) operations. Responsibilities include managing budgets, recruiting, hiring, developing, and evaluating instructors. The position also requires ensuring the pedagogical integrity of courses and providing leadership for the integration of a Christian worldview in AGS courses.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Provost/VPAA.
Qualification and Criteria for Appointment:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited university (doctorate preferred);
- Experience in non-traditional education;
- Proven leadership experience in a college or university setting;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience working in an online course-management system;
- Experience working with data-management systems and software;
- The ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision;
- A passion for the Oklahoma Wesleyan University mission and for Christian worldview integration in academic programs;
- Evidence of a personal and vital Christian faith;
- A connection to The Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Arminian tradition is preferred.
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Supervise, evaluate, and coordinate the duties and schedules for AGS operations staff members. Provide motivation and direction as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between AGS operations and the university.
- Manage the daily operations of AGS offices.
- Manage the process of recruiting, training, scheduling, and evaluation of faculty.
- When possible, complete necessary HR paperwork in accordance with the faculty hiring processes as it relates to AGS.
- Ensure that payroll is completed.
- Develop and coordinate AGS faculty workshops, meetings, and services.
- Manage process for evaluation of all curricula via end-of-course surveys
- Receive grade appeals, investigate, and coordinate information for appropriate dean to facilitate a decision.
- Coordinate and direct AGS graduation ceremonies.
- Act as a liaison between OKWU and the various landlords at remote teaching facilities to schedule classes and set up teaching resources and other items as necessary.
- Create and maintain internal procedures for advisors to work with the Registrar, the enrollment team, and other university departments.
- Help new students successfully transition from the enrollment process to the learning experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. OKWU’s main campus is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa office, located at 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 100, serves our Adult and Graduate Studies students, including those attending evening classes at that location, online, or at other satellite locations.