Working under the supervision of the President, the Executive Vice President, and the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Executive Assistant oversees and manages all office procedures and other tasks as assigned by the aforementioned institutional leaders. This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy, and tact; the abilities to maintain confidentiality, work independently, prioritize, and organize; and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Computer skills and attention to detail are essential. This position also requires flexibility of hours worked.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the President, Executive Vice President, and the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Supervision of student employees is a part of this person’s responsibilities.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
1. A personal and vital Christian faith consistent with the mission of the university.
2. A bachelor’s, master’s, or equivalent training and experience
3. Significant computer literacy is required.
4. A record of successful work experience in an academic setting is preferred.
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Foster efficiency in the aforementioned institutional leaders’ offices by maintaining filing systems, answering telephone calls, scheduling meetings, preparing documents, completing reports/projects, and drafting business correspondence.
- Resolve administrative issues and inquiries.
- Sort, review, screen, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; prepare, compose, and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, appointments, travel and lodging, events, and other similar activities for the aforementioned institutional leaders.
- Plan OKWU’s commencement ceremony. Duties include arranging a speaker, photographer, and security personnel; preparing informational packets for graduates; and preparing the ceremony program.
- Plan and schedule faculty-development workshops.
- Escort campus visitors to various offices and provide hospitality.
- Maintain the Academic Affairs Master Calendar.
- Compile agenda information and prepare minutes for various committees.
- Maintain faculty pages of the university website.
- Hire, train, and schedule student workers.
- Ensure the prompt payment of all accounts payable items. Assist the aforementioned leaders in monitoring budgets.
- Communicate with and assist members of the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee study-abroad and off-campus opportunities for students and maintain a webpage for study-abroad offerings.
- Solve problems.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. OKWU’s main campus is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa office, located at 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 100, serves our Adult and Graduate Studies students, including those attending evening classes at that location, online, or at other satellite locations.