Financial Aid Counselor
1 opening in Bartlesville
The Financial Aid Counselor’s duties include counseling and advising students and parents on the various financial aid programs, assisting with the administration of one or more federal, state, or institutional financial aid programs, evaluating Financial Aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs, and collecting data and keeping accurate records.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Aid.
Educational Requirements and Experience
Candidates for this position should possess a completed bachelor’s degree. Candidates must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Ensures optimal use of financial aid funds by packaging funds from the various programs to students in accordance with established federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
- Promotes a positive image of the Office of Financial Aid by making group presentations which explain both the various financial aid programs and associated application processes.
- Ensures student and parent awareness of the various financial aid sources during counseling sessions by providing information to them and answering their questions regarding financial aid sources.
- Assists students in the application process for financial aid by helping them to complete appropriate and required forms; by advising them of their rights and responsibilities concerning financial aid; and by providing them with information about the status of their financial aid applications.
- Determines students’ eligibility for the various financial aid programs by evaluating their applications.
- Maintains competency and professional currency through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development coursed, and attending training and/or courses required by the Director of Financial Aid
- Contributes to broad based management of the Office of Financial Aid by providing input to policy and procedure decisions.
- Reviews a student’s aid eligibility and required paperwork to clear applicants for enrollment on the AGS side
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date Financial Aid operations manual
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or email@example.com.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.