Graduate Assistant, Athletic Training
The Graduate Assistant provides assistance with coverage for prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for the department of intercollegiate athletics.
Work is performed under the direct supervisor of the Athletic Trainer. Provides supervision of student workers.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Assists with the inventory within the Athletic Training Department.
- Assists with the coordination and scheduling of game and practice coverage (home and away).
- Assists with the supervision of Student Athletic Trainers.
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer and Assistant Athletic Trainers with other assigned administrative duties.
- Assists with the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes.
- Assists with the practice/game preparation and coverage for assigned athletic teams.
- Travels with assigned teams as needed.
- Assists with the medical treatment, rehabilitation, and physician prescription records for all student-athletes.
- Coordinates and provides written and verbal follow-ups to Head Coaches regarding student-athlete medical care. Serves as Liaison between the team physicians and Head Coaches.
- Assists with the management, supervision, and educational preparation of the undergraduate Athletic Training Student.
- Required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- A personal and vital Christian faith consistent with the mission of the university.
- Ability to be accepted into an OKWU’s master’s program
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related medical field.
- Requires National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Certification.
- Must be eligible to apply for a Oklahoma Athletic Trainers License.
- Must be certified in First Aid and CPR with an instructor’s certification desirable.
- Requires good computer skills and excellent communication skills.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.