Graduate Assistant – Wrestling
The Graduate Assistant assists in all aspects of operating a collegiate wrestling program. Requires recruiting, travel, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently while still working well with others, prioritize, organize, manage a budget, schedule practices and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment in the environment of a Christian university’s athletic department.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Head Wrestling Coach.
Qualifications and Education
- A personal and vital Christian faith
- A bachelor’s degree
- Acceptance into OKWU’s master’s program
- The ability to maintain a 3.0 GPA in the master’s program
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible to aid in recruiting
- Responsible for assisting in team practice and running small group or individual sessions
- Responsible for tracking and statistical data and entry as it pertains to wrestling
- Complete expense reports
- Aid in arranging travel accommodations for the program
- Monitor the academic progress of your student athletes
- Aid in activities to grow community support
- Assist in the financial aid process with student athletes
- Play a role in the student athlete’s spiritual growth
- Work for programs within the framework laid out by the university.
- The ability to understand and comply with NCCAA/NAIA rules and regulations
- Work with outside vendors in the purchase of supplies for program
- Work well with others in the context of a Christian university to support the university’s well-being as a whole
- Operate program under the guidelines of NAIA, NCCAA, and the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6212 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.